How to Enter: To enter the LuRong Living Paleo Challenge, go to the registration page. A fee of $50 is required to register for participation in the LuRong Living Paleo Challenge. You must complete and follow all instructions on the entry form. Every participant must be an active member of a CrossFit Affiliate and the CrossFit Affiliate must also be registered with the LuRong Living Paleo Challenge. ONCE YOU SUBMIT YOUR ENTRY, IT BECOMES THE PROPERTY OF SPONSOR. Entry Fees are non-refundable.
Paleo Diet Guidelines
As a simple explanation we define a Paleo Diet as eating meat, nuts, veggies, seeds, some fruit, little starch, no sugar, and no dairy. A Paleo recommended serving consists of 40% carbohydrate, 30% Protein, and 30% Fat. This is a starting point that is dependent on an individual’s specific needs or goals
- Lean Meats such as Lean beef (trimmed of visible fat), Flank steak, Top Sirloin, Extra-lean hamburger (90/10), Lean pork (trimmed of visible fat), Pork loin, Pork chops, Any other lean cut
- Lean poultry (white meat, skin removed) such as Chicken breast, Turkey breast, Game hen breasts
- Eggs from Chicken (go for the enriched omega 3 variety), Duck, or Goose
- Other meats including organ meats and game meats such as venison, wild boar, or wild turkey
- Nuts- Tree Nuts. Peanuts are not Nuts and are a no-no
- Oils such as Olive, avocado, walnut, flaxseed, and canola oils (use in moderation—4 tablespoons or less a day when weight loss is of primary importance)
- Beverages such as Coffee, Tea
- Paleo Sweets such as Dried fruits and Nuts mixed with dried and fresh fruits
- Sweet potatoes, yams
- Some lean bacon
- Red Wine- Paleo says that 1 glass of wine (6 oz.) a night is legal. We are pretty sure cave men had vineyards! Anything more than one glass per night is a cheat (-5), and you can’t save them up from nights before. Anything over one per night is a cheat.
Don’t Do It- These are Cheats
- Dairy Foods such as Butter, Cheese, Cream, Dairy spreads, Frozen yogurt, Ice cream, and All processed foods made with any dairy products
- Cereal Grains: Barley, Corn, Millet, Oats, Rice, Rye, Sorghum, Wheat, and bread products including bread, rolls, muffins, noodles, crackers, cookies, cake, doughnuts, pancakes, waffles, pasta, spaghetti, lasagna, wheat tortillas, pizza, pita bread, flat bread, and all processed foods made with wheat or wheat flour
- Cereal Grain-like Seeds: Amaranth, Buckwheat, Quinoa
- Legumes: All beans, Black-eyed peas, Chickpeas, Lentils, Peas, Peanut butter, Peanuts, Soybeans and all soybean products, including tofu
- Starchy Vegetables: Starchy tubers, Cassava root, Manioc, Potatoes and all potato products (French fries, potato chips, etc.), Tapioca pudding
- Fatty Meats
- Soft Drinks and Fruit Juices: All sugary soft drinks, Canned, bottled, and freshly squeezed fruit drinks (which lack the fiber of fresh fruit and have a much higher glvcemic index)
- Sweets: Candy, Honey, Sugars
- Alcohol- Tequila is the preferred Paleo liquor, but it is technically a cheat (-5). Anything other than 6oz of red wine per night is a cheat (-5).