News & Events
- CFU LABOR DAY BASH! We reserved the picnic area/ BBQ’s down at Road Runner Park in Canyon Lake for this coming Sunday. 9:30AM – ???. We will be playing Volleyball, swimming, BBQing, enjoying the hot Cali weather! Please sign up on the whiteboard at the gym if you plan on attending. We need a headcount, and also a list to call people in the gate.
- Scanner key chains will be handed out all week to every athlete. Please start using the system right away. There will be a 30 burpee penalty starting NEXT week if you fail to do so. If you have an Android or iPhone please download the ZenPlanner App! Here is the direct website that you will go to log your WOD results. http://crossfituncensored.zenplanner.com If you don’t have a login please text or email Heather.
- Please use the black shelves (on the new wall, by the large bay door) for ALL PERSONAL belongings. We need to keep the floors clear for safety reasons.
- Our red & black/orange mats need to be wiped down and stacked after use. Please DO NOT keep them under the rope area or against the walls. clean & stack them by the boxes after each use.
- ALL Equipment MUST be sanitized and wiped down after use. The bleach/water solution & rags are located next to the water fridge (JONES).
- Heather is taking over all the accounts. Scott will only be signing up the new people. If you have questions or anything to do with the new system, please direct them to her. Email email@example.com Cell 951-445-3042.
- We have free childcare at 5:30 PM for: Monday Tuesday & Thursday. For more details speak to Kristy Underdown or Scott Labeda.
- Dynamic Duo Quest Coach Bret & Coach Kylie will be competing!!!
Date:September 14, 2013
LOCATION:Cal State Dominguez Hills
General Info: FITTEST DYNAMIC DUO Challenge
2 Person Teams -Either 2 males per team or 2 females per team
2 Divisions – RX and Scaled
$10,000 cash plus prizes for Rx divison
Each team will battle it out through a battery of fitness challenges. Each member of the team must be able to do the work prescribed for their division.
Teams will need to be prepared for the following (but not limited to):
-Olympic Weightlifting (Snatch, Clean and Jerk)
-Basic barbell movements (Deadlift, Push Press, Squat, Overhead Squat, Front Squat)
-Entry level Gymnastics (Pullups, Pushups, Ring dips, Muscle Up(rx only))
100 M Run
10 Broad Jumps
15 Air Squats
Squat Clean / Jerks
For Time #130712:
30 Squat Clean & Jerks, 155/110 lbs
*The barbell goes from ground to overhead, passing through a front squat in which the crease of the hip passes below the height of the kneecap. The finish position is with the arms, hips and knees fully extended, arms overhead, with at least a portion of the ear visible in front of the arm. Dropping the barbell is acceptable.
Every 30 seconds for 4 minutes:
1 Clean & Jerk (full) @ 80%
Then, when the clock hits 5:00-
3:00 to complete:
3 X ME UB (unbroken) Clean & Jerks @ 75%
*Notes: The ME UB Clean & Jerks are basically UB touch and go reps. Score is the total of all 3 sets, within the 3:00 cap.
HBBS (based off 130129): 4X4 @ 70% – rest 30 seconds, 3X3 @ 75% – rest 30 seconds, 3X2 @ 80% – rest 45 seconds.
*Notes: Sets at each percentage should be performed without re-racking the barbell. Take 2:00 rest between each percentage.