CrossFit Uncensored – CrossFit
W26: 3 Rounds (No Measure)
250 M Row
D14: Sumo Deadlift High pulls (No Measure)
– Feet are set slightly wider than shoulder width, toes slightly turned out and knees tracking the toes, weight in the heels, neutral spine
– Hands are inside the legs with a narrow, closed grip on the bar (thumb distance), arms straight
– Deadlift the bar (stand up), fully extend the hips and knees, with straight arms and aggressively shrug the shoulders up
– Then, keeping the elbows higher than the bar at all times, begin to pull the bar upwards just below the chin
– In the return, straighten the arms, release the shoulder shrug, push the hips back and down, shoulders come forward and return to the set up
X10 (with class)
4 rounds for time of:
135-lb./95-lb.* sumo deadlift high pulls, 20 reps
30 GHD sit-ups
4 rounds for time of:
115-lb./75-lb.* sumo deadlift high pulls, 20 reps
10 GHD sit-ups full range of motion then
20 GHD sit-ups to parallel /40 Abmat sit-ups
3 rounds for time of:
75-lb./55-lb.* sumo deadlift high pulls, 20 reps
The load has been decreased to keep the athlete moving and intensity high. Find a weight that allows the first set of 20 reps to be completed within 2 sets. Focus on a proper return by extending the arms first before sending the hips back. For the setup on the GHD, the hip crease should be off of the pad with the knees slightly bent. Lean back and aggressively extend the knees by squeezing the quads. This will pull the torso forward to the starting position. The modification allows for an introduction to full range of motion GHD sit-ups. Do not increase total volume of GHD sit-ups to more than approximately 10% of what has been accomplished in a recent workout. For example, if in the last 3 weeks 75 GHD sit-ups have been performed, 85 reps is the max exposure for this workout.
Practice the sumo deadlift high pull with a pvc or light barbell as a warmup. Ensure the arms remain straight until the hips fully extend. Do not allow the shoulders to round forward at the top of the rep. Complete this workout under 15 minutes or decrease the reps.
W15: 2 Mountain Runs (No Measure)
*depending on the time left.